Be the voice of the student body by undertaking the role of a Bury College University Centre course representative.
Course reps play a very important part in representing students’ views and helping to keep standards high.
As a course rep you will have the chance to voice not just your own views, but act as a spokesperson for everyone else in your department. This gives you the opportunity to make a real impact and help make the experience for all university learners even better.
What’s in it for you?
You will pick up important skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Researching the views of others
- Working as part of a team
- Clearly putting across your views
- Presentation skills
- Building on your self-confidence
You will also be able to use the experience on your CV.
The role of a course rep is an important one as you are representing the views of everyone in your department. In particular, your responsibilities will include:
- To find out the views and opinions of everyone in your department on a range of issues relating to university courses at Bury College University Centre.
- Attending and taking part in the University Student Voice meetings once every half term where you will discuss these issues with Bury College staff.
- Make suggestions on how to improve the learner experience and work with the Higher Education Liaison Officer to implement these.
- To inform everyone in your department about what happens at the Higher Education Student Voice meetings and the decisions that have been made
- To work with other university course reps
Find out more by downloading our course representative guide.