BURY COLLEGE UNIVERSITY CENTRE RECEIVES PRESTIGIOUS NATIONAL TEACHING EXCELLENCE AWARD
The quality of education at Bury College University Centre has been recognised with a silver award under the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
The TEF panel judged that Bury College University Centre students achieve excellent outcomes, with a high number of learners progressing onto highly skilled employment or further study. Feedback from the TEF panel included:
- An institutional culture that values teaching and recognises and rewards staff
- Effective systems for student engagement
- Representation structures to empower students
- High quality support for students in the transition to higher education through the development of study skills and progression monitoring
- Strategic and highly valuable engagement with industry to inform curriculum design and to enhance employability opportunities
Charlie Deane, Bury College Principal/Chief Executive, said, “We are delighted to have achieved the TEF silver award and recognised for our exceptional teaching practises. Bury College University Centre prides itself on developing well-rounded individuals who have both the academic and personal abilities to succeed within the industry of their choice. The TEF award supports this aim and is highlighted by the fact that a high number of our learners achieve highly skilled employment or progress on to further study. Bury College University Centre is proud to offer students personalised one-to-one support, ensuring learners receive a more personal approach to their studies.”
Be a part of the Bury College University Centre success. For individuals interested in studying higher education this September, there are places available for new students. Please call 0161 280 8280 for more information.